The Myofascial Energetic Release
MER Training is a powerful life transforming experience. You will learn the art and science of a Deep Bodywork, Assisted Stretches, Myofascial Unwinding, Joint Mobilization, Emotional Release and Awareness and much more. Throughout the training the aim for you is to develop the knowledge, skills and confidence to give great work to your clients and to create a successful practice. There is a growing demand for mastering the art of working deeply in the body with skill and sensitivity. The capacity of deep bodywork to alleviate acute and chronic pain has made it an indispensable tool in treating widespread conditions of body and head pain.
The main cause of pain and tension in the body is over-contraction of the five types of Soft Tissue: Muscle, Fascia, Skin, Ligament and Nerves. This chronic tension blocks circulation, oxygen and energy to these soft and sensitive tissues. The contracted tissue presses on pain receptors causing 90 percent of the ocean of chronic pain that humanity suffers from. In the MER Training you will learn how to release the cause of chronic pain the over contraction of soft tissues, with deep tissue bodywork and through educating the client of the cause of there pain.
As we open the body’s deeper soft tissue layers we encounter stuck energy in the form of shortened, hardened tissue. You will be taught skillful, sensitive touch we release these energy blocks.
In the training you will learn to activate the body’s natural ability for self-regulation and healing with Myofascial Unwinding and Trauma Healing. The client discovers through the work of the practitioner a new awareness of dysfunctional patterns and beliefs that laid the foundations for their painful predicament.
You can start MER training from any of the modules.
Module FEET, LEGS & HIPS
- Release pain and restore natural movement to the feet, legs and hips
- Assess and treat foot, knee and hip complaints, including body reading, palpation skills and movement tests
- Gain knowledge of different tools to work with the plantar fascia
- Joint mobilization for the foot, ankle, knee, and hip
- Assisted stretches for the feet, legs and hips
- Learn how to move deep into the body and at the sometime listen with sensitive hands for release
- Learn how to structurally balance the legs and feet
- Understand the Psychology of pain in the knees, hips and feet and how to work with a powerful method of somatic dialoging
- Learn Myofascial Unwinding of the Legs and Hips
- Learn Myofascial anatomy of the lower body and fascial anatomy and physiology
Module PELVIS & CORE INTEGRATION
- Learn to evaluate and diagnose pelvic imbalances, and achieve tissue release and pelvic alignment
- Learn advanced movement and treatment techniques for core integration
- To find, palpate and treat the relevant core myofascial and skeletal anatomy including: the Gluteus maximus, medius and minimus, the six deep lateral rotators, the abductor and adductor groups and the iliopsoas
- Understand how unresolved emotional issues and mental concepts create holding patterns disturbing the balance of your pelvis and heart
- Learn a comprehensive treatment plan to release these somatic-emotional blocks and bring back the balance of the pelvis and heart connection
- Pelvic Floor release and integration
- Assessing and treating sacral, pelvic and lower back pain
- Understanding the balance between the pelvis and upper body
Module FACE, CRANIUM, NECK & ARMS
- Learn about spatial relationships of the segments of the torso (spatial medicine)
- Treatment of the fascial network of the breathing structures
- Learn four soft listening techniques for breath release
- Learn how to treat shock and trauma of the breathing structures
- Learn a comprehensive treatment plan for neck, elbow, shoulder, wrist and hand pain
- Learn to work with the face and head. Incorporating a treatment plan for headaches and jaw pain
- Learn the functional anatomy of the myofascial system of the breath, arms, face and cranium
- Learn to treat the Liver, Lungs and Stomach. Learn about the motility and mobility of the Viscera
- Many upper body conditions stubbornly persist despite conventional bodywork techniques
- In this module students will learn a comprehensive methodology to work with the neck, breath, arms and face
- Students will discover the psychology of these areas and how to work with and trigger the body’s natural trauma releasing abilities using breath work and a 5 point understanding of working with autonomic and emotional release
- Critically, students will also learn how to educate clients about the psychosomatic sources of pain and how to work with the most common pain syndromes of the upper body
- This module will include a review of rotator cuff anatomy, palpation of the rotator cuff muscles and related structures
Module BACK, NECK, PELVIS & BREATH
- Focus on the neck, shoulder, back, breath and pelvis
- Experience and learn the 8-point teaching for deep touch
- Learn how Fascial contraction I responsible for 95% of chronic pain
- Understand the importance of breath, releasing and balancing the breathing of your clients
- Understand that the Pelvis is the center of balance and trust
- Empower and educate clients through teaching myofascial unwinding a deep intrinsic movement education and trauma release
- Evaluate clients using body reading, self-reporting, palpation techniques and resonance or intuition
- Refine your ability to touch deeply and work with your own body mechanics
- Develop a listening touch
- Open the energy system through the body releasing energy blocks and supporting energy flow
MER must be tailored to each individuals needs, their specific complaint, and the over all condition of their physical, mental and emotional body. We must treat the whole person. Many factors must be considered and the individual’s body-mind must guide the treatment from start to finish. The therapist is only there to assist.
The goal of MER is to relieve pain and restore function to allow the person to lead a full active life.
This program will focus on exploring the modality of deep bodywork as a healing art, and is designed for anyone seeking to incorporate a unique combination of bodywork techniques and teachings as a way of working with people. Bringing together the connection between the brain, emotions, body and energy.
In the Myofascial Energetic Release Training you learn to help people with Back Pain, Plantar Fasciitis, Jaw Pain (TMJ), Migraines, Cervical Pain, Chronic Pain, Fibromyalgia, Shoulder Pain, Head Aches, Hip Pain, Depression, Pelvic Pain.
Techniques to learn in Myofascial Energetic Release Training:
- The art and science of deep bodywork.
- Assisted stretches coming from Ayurvedic Yoga Massage
- How to evaluate soft tissue spasm through out the body and head.
- How to release the chronic muscle spasm through deep sensitive touch. Working on the painful areas for up to 5 minutes giving the fascia time to release.
- Educating your client on the cause of their holding and pain. Education is a powerful ally in the healing of chronic pain.
- Myofascial unwinding, a sophisticated method of movement education that uses the body’s natural wisdom to release and integrate.
- Structural, functional and emotional body reading through which we evaluate the body–mind of the client.
- Palpation the art of evaluating the soft tissues of the body through listening hands.
- You will learn how to educate the client with a comprehensive homework program that will cut the pain at its roots.
- Trauma healing, by working with the felt sense of the body and activating the body’s natural ability to self regulate and release emotional and psychological traumas.
- Skills to work with emotions that arise during sessions. Five keys that will support emotional integration.
- Structural bodywork to bring balance back to the structure of the body.
- Daily Meditations and Meditation through touch or touch as meditation.